Users prefer the real-time and conversational nature of phone support, but for support teams it’s extremely expensive to staff to meet customer demand in the modern 24×7 work week. So, users are pushed to self-service interfaces and catalogs. Because these tools are built by support, often using their IT terminology, these tools can be hard to locate and navigate for the user. This is where a conversational interface in the company’s preferred chat or collaboration tool can provide tremendous value to users.
For example, Acme Company can deploy a Luma Virtual Agent on their instance of Slack. The Luma Virtual Agent (aka chatbot) is available 24×7 as a contact that users can direct message.
What’s important to note is that Luma understands natural language and can process different phrases and synonyms for the same request. For example, a user could enter ‘password reset for Office 365” while another could say “I can’t login to office” and the system would understand them as the same core request. This allows you to build a more usable interface for users where they don’t have to know the exact terminology to ask for service.
To help make creating conversations simple, we built Skills Builder. A brand-new tool designed for Service Management administrators to build skills. A skill is a conversation with a user with fulfillment. Skills can be as straightforward as answering a user’s question about the guest WIFI network or more detailed about triaging an issue with VPN before creating a well-formed ticket that the support team can take action on immediately.
Skills Builder features the following areas of value
- Native integration with Intelligent Service Management and CA Service Management (CA Service Desk Manager)
- Out of the box ticket management skills that allow users to do such things as check on the status of a ticket, export tickets, escalate to a manager and search the knowledge base.
- Out of the box Analyst and Manager ticket management skills to help monitor unassigned tickets, view the backlog, follow up with users and much more.
- 145 standard IT support catalog Skills that can optionally be imported
- Form-based creation of conversations, you don’t need to know how to code to connect to Intelligent Service Management
- Create an FAQ type conversations in minutes.
- Build triage conversations that trigger the creation of a ticket
- Create skills from your existing Service Catalog Items leveraging your investment in your catalog and workflow process
- Copy pre-built conversations (skills) to speed the creation of new ones
- Build and reuse conversational attributes and web service calls across skills
- Designed for desktop and tablet devices so you can create the next great conversational interface from anywhere
Conversational interfaces are the future of support and Skills Builder gives you a powerful and simple way to expand Luma’s skill set with customized skills.